128 Victoria Place
- Built: 1895
- Architect: Unknown
This fine corner house is one of the earliest in the neighborhood, built around 1895. The property consists of three city lots, extending behind several houses on Concord Place. Purchased at a tax sale in 1910, it remained in the hands of three generations of the Dudley family for 86 years.
The house is and early example of the Colonial Revival style with still pronounced Queen Anne accents, particularly in the mix of exterior shingle styles and the outstanding wide plaster frieze over the protruding bays on the second floor. The frieze was partially remolded in a 1996 restoration by Andrew Besemer and Tim Cassavaw, who lovingly restored the house close to its original form. There was originally a small balustrade outside the third floor western dormer but this tended to retain snow and was removed.
Several owners have lived here since the restoration. A new garage, meticulously matching the style of the house, was built ca. 2003
(original research about this house for the Westcott Neighborhood Historic House Tour was by Andrew Besemer)