441 Allen St
- Built: ca. 1900
- Architect: Unknown
The fine turn-of-the-century Colonial Revival house at 441 Allen Street, which in its earlier years bore the address 411, was built ca. 1900 and combines elements of the popular Queen Anne style (protruding bays, asymmetrically placed doorway, decorative exterior shingles, rich interior woodwork and stained glass) with elements of the emerging Colonial Revival (front porch colonnade, classically detailed cornice). In the early years of the century it was owned by Frederick M. Hill, listed in city directories of the period as an Assistant State Secretary. It was subsequently home to Thomas H. Burns, president of Burns Brothers Plumbers, Inc., located on South Clinton Street. Prior to World War II it was the home of a dentist, whose office was located on the second floor.
The typical exterior articulation includes a fine colonnaded porch that has been restored with replacement spindles and rails. The exterior has also been extensively landscaped creating a lovely street- side garden.