913 Euclid Ave
- Built: 1910
- Architect: Ward Wellington Ward
This house was built for Mrs. Hamilton White and one is of several built for the White family which apparently served as temporary housing for homeless victims of fire. Another example is on Lancaster Avenue. The house is perched atop the Euclid Avenue hill and appropriately has something of the feel of a small chalet, or mountain house. The second story balcony appears to be decorative only. There is no easy access to the very narrow shallow space.
Reed, Cleota, The Arts & Crafts Ideal, the Ward House: An Architect & His Craftsmen (Syracuse, NY: The Institute for the Development of Evolutive Architecture, Inc., 1978)
“Ward Wellington Ward,” at Syracuse Then and Now online at http://syracusethenandnow.org/Architects/WWWard/WWWard.htm